Welcome to Furdoption’s "Privacy Notice".
OneConnect Social Ventures Private Limited (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates furdoption.com.
- THE PURPOSE OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICEThis Privacy Notice aims to give you information on how Furdoption collects and processes your personal data through your use of the Furdoption website and connected services (the website and connected services are collectively referred to as “Platform” in this Privacy Notice).The Platform is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.It is important that you read this Privacy Notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This Privacy Notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
- CONTROLLERSWe have appointed a data privacy manager who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this Privacy Notice. If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact the data privacy manager using the details set out below.Contact Details:OneConnect Social Ventures Private Limited Name of Data Privacy Manager: Aniket Kishore, Product Manager Email address: [email protected] Address: OneConnect Social Ventures Pvt. Ltd. 308 PLOT NO - 2 SECT - 5 AGGARWAL TOWER MLU PLAZA DWARKA DELHI New Delhi DL 110075 IN Contact Number: +91-9599141204
- CHANGES TO THE PRIVACY NOTICE AND YOUR DUTY TO INFORM US OF CHANGESThis version of the Privacy Notice was last updated on 10th November 2020 and previous versions can be obtained by contacting us.It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
- THIRD-PARTY LINKSThe Platform may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our Platform, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, date of birth, the language you use, and gender.
- Contact Data includes your email address.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of services you may have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes your geo location, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access the Platform.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use the Platform.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data), nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
IF YOU FAIL TO PROVIDE PERSONAL DATA
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to offer the services that we aim to. In this case, we may have to cancel the service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- DIRECT INTERACTIONSYou may give us your identity and contact information by using our Platform. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- create an account or make a payment on the Platform;
- subscribe to our publications, newsletters;
- request marketing material to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- give us some feedback.
- AUTOMATED TECHNOLOGIES OR INTERACTIONSAs you interact with our Platform, we may automatically collect technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies.
- THIRD PARTIES OR PUBLICLY AVAILABLE SOURCESWe may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
- Technical Data from the following parties:
- 1.analytics providers such as Google;
- 2.advertising networks such as Facebook, Taboola, Outbrain, CTN, Google, Adgebra and
- 3.search information providers such as Google, Yahoo and Bing.
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services such as Stripe, Razorpay, PayU, Citrus, Billdesk.
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly availably sources such as Facebook and Google.
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the services we offer.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE WILL USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are wherever appropriate.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
USE OF THIRD-PARTY ANALYTICS
We may use third-party web analytics services on our Services, such as those of Google Analytics. These service providers use the sort of technology previously described in the “Cookies and other electronic technologies” section to help us analyze how users use the Services, including by noting the third-party website from which you arrive, and provide certain features to you. The information (including your IP address) collected by the technology will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers, who use the information to evaluate your use of the Services. This information may be used to place interest-based advertisements on the Platform. This may result in you seeing Furdoption’s advertisement when you visit other websites. Below are the third party analytics services we use :
We may use third-party advertising technologies that allow for the delivery of relevant content and advertising on our Platform, as well as on other websites you visit. The ads may be based on various factors such as the content of the page you are visiting, information you enter such as your age and gender, your searches, demographic data, user-generated content, and other information we collect from you. These ads may be based on your current activity or your activity over time and across other websites and online services and may be tailored to your interests.
Also, third parties whose products or services are accessible or advertised on our Platform may place cookies or other tracking technologies on your computer, mobile phone, or other device to collect information about your use of the website as discussed above. We also allow other third parties (e.g., ad networks and ad servers such as Facebook Pixel, AdWords and others) to serve tailored ads to you on our website, other sites, and in other applications, and to access their own cookies or other tracking technologies on your computer, mobile phone, or other device you use to access the website. We may provide our customer information (such as a hashed version of your email addresses) to service providers, who may “match” this information in de-identified form to cookies (or mobile ad identifiers) and other proprietary IDs, in order to target or “retarget” you with ads when you visit other websites and mobile applications. (You may opt out of these many of these service providers as described in the next paragraph.)
If you receive tailored advertising on your computer through a web browser, you can learn more about such tailored browser advertising and how you can generally control cookies from being put on your computer to deliver tailored advertising, by visiting the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance Consumer Ad Choices link for EU based advertising or for US based advertising either: (i) the Network Advertising Initiative’s Consumer Opt-Out link or (ii) the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Opt-Out link to opt-out of receiving tailored advertising from companies that participate in those programs. To opt out of Google Analytics for display advertising or customize Google display network ads, you can visit the Google Ads Settings page.
Please note that to the extent advertising technology is integrated into our website or other websites that you visit, you may still receive advertisements even if you opt-out. In that case, the advertising will not be tailored to your interests. Also, we do not control any of the above opt-out links or whether any particular company chooses to participate in these opt-out programs. We are not responsible for any choices you make using these mechanisms or the continued availability or accuracy of these mechanisms.
CHANGE OF PURPOSE
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table in paragraph 4 above.
- Internal Third Parties as set out in the Glossary.
- External Third Parties as set out in the Glossary.
- Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
As your personal data is shared with us, it will involve transferring your data to Google Cloud's Asia Northeast region (Tokyo, Japan).
Many of our external third parties are based in India and United States so their processing of your personal data may involve a transfer of data outside the country in which you are based.
Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the country in which you are based.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulatory of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.